There were only 3 trades for me on Twitter yesterday, 2 successes. I used Betmaid for in-play stats. It's a free app, and best used via a mobile phone or tablet. We need in-play stats as leagues begin their seasons.
The Irish Leagues allow us proper research. The English Championship begins today and continues over the weekend. We have zero form to work with (much like the Belgian and Danish leagues) so it is crucial that if you are to make trading decisions, you make them via in-play stats, specifically shots on target / off target / corners.
Betmaid for me trumps my old favourite Bet365 mobile site as the best free in-play stats feed. I have successfully traded 3 matches recently based on the stats provided by Betmaid, so that gives me confidence. Please download it, and get used to reading the stats. There is a subscription option but I simply use the free version as it covers the 3 key stats I mentioned above.
As to live chats today? Probably not. Live chats for me will begin on weekends at 15:00. I will dip my toe in the water tomorrow for the English Championship, although I remind you that it is one of the most competitive leagues in Europe and therefore not necessarily that readable.
20:00 - Reading v Derby - 2.28 Derby
- 3-2 Derby, 2-4 Reading, 3-3 last 3 head to heads.
- What chance a goal fest in the season opener?
- 20th v 6th from last season and if that form is upheld, we are with Derby today not to lose.
- Derby were one point shy of the play-offs. Only 2 losses away v 12th and lower.
- Reading at home last season only won 2 matches v the top 15.
- In-play stats key of course but if last season's form is upheld, Derby have a chance here.
IRISH PREMIER DIVISION
19:45 - St Patricks v Bray - 1.19 St Patricks
- 5-0 St Pats and 3-1 Bray in the last 2 head to heads.
St Patricks (6th)
- 8 losses and a win last 9 matches.
- No draw in 14 and in 7 at home.
- Conceded in their last 10 matches and last 5 at home.
- 5 consecutive over 2.5 goals at home.
- Only 1 loss at home v 3rd and lower.3 wins at home v the bottom 2.
- Only 4 wins.
- 3 losses in 4 matches.
- 13 consecutive away defeats.
- Conceded 2+ goals in each of their last 11 away matches.
- It should be as easy as the market suggests with St Pats scoring 2+ goals at least.
19:45 - Bohemians v Limerick - 1.67 Bohemians
- 1-1, 0-0, 1-1 in the last 3 head to heads.
- Only 2 wins in 10 matches.
- 2 wins in 3 at home.
- Only 1 loss at home v 8th and lower.
- 4 wins only at home, 2 v 10th in the league.
- 4 consecutive 2-1 results, 2 wins and 2 defeats.
- 2 consecutive 2-1 defeats away.
- Only 5 clean sheets.
- Conceded in their last 7 matches.
- 3 consecutive away matches conceding 2+ goals.
- Unbeaten away v 7th and lower, keeping 4/4 clean sheets.
- Looking at Limerick's 4/4 clean sheets away v 7th and lower, 1.67 Bohemians odds are too short to back.
- Better layable at the off or if Bohs score first.
- Limerick alas have conceded in their last 7 matches and conceded 2+ goals in each of their last 3 aways so it's hard to keep faith in another Limerick clean sheet, but this Bohs side have only 2 wins in 10 matches.
20:00 - Waterford v Cork City - 1.94 Cork City
- The home side has been unbeaten in the last 4 head to heads.
- Only 3 wins in 12 matches.
- No 0-0 at home.
- Only 2 home losses.
- 4 2-1 wins at home v the top 5.
Cork City (2nd)
- Only 1 loss in 13 matches came v 1st in the league.
- Failed to score in only 4 matches.
- All 4 defeats this season came v the top 4 away from home.
- On form, Cork City could struggle today. What chance we get a trading angle from backing 2-1 / 1-2 ? Look at the number of 2-1 wins for Waterford v the top teams at home!
- Do expect Cork City to score - they have failed to score in only 4 matches.
17:00 - AGF v SonderjyskE - 2.12 AGF
- 0-0, 2-2 and 0-2 AGF in the last 3 head to heads.
- The season is only 3 matches old.
- 3 consecutive draws for AGF, 2 1-1's in a row.
- The full complement for Sonder this season - Loss, 2-2 away draw, 2-0 home win.
- I personally would lay any late draw here. I see that 3 match draw sequence for AGF.
- In head to heads, we'd favour AGF who have shown an ability to score 2 goals in 2 consecutive matches v today's opponents.
- Lay Sonder if Sonder score first?
IRISH FIRST DIVISION
20:45 - UCD v Cabinteely - 1.66 UCD
- UCD have scored 2 goals at least in each of the last 4 home head to heads.
- A draw and 3 consecutive wins last 4 matches.
- 3 consecutive clean sheets.
- Scored in their last 11 at home.
- No 0-0.
- 100% over 1.5 goals at home.
- Only 1 home loss.
- 3-1 win v Cabinteely earlier this season at home.
- 2 wins in 3 matches but 3 losses in their last 5 matches.
- Not beaten any top 8 side home or away.
- Expect at least 2 goals today from UCD - simple angle.
- Cabinteely have not beaten a top 8 side away this season so note that if they are leading.
20:45 - Shelbourne v Cobh Ramblers - 1.41 Shelbourne
- 3 Shelbourne wins in 4 head to heads.
- Only 3 losses.
- 100% wins home and away v 8th and lower.
Cobh Ramblers (8th)
- 4 losses in 5 matches.
- No draw in 7 and in 7 away.
- 100% losses v the top 3 (Shelbourne 4th on soccerstats and 3rd at fcstats).
- Lay any late draw.
- We should expect a win for Shelbourne - 100% wins home and away v 8th and lower - Cobh 100% losses home and away v the top sides.
20:45 - Drogheda v Galway Utd - 2.24 Drogheda
- Only 1 Galway win in 6 head to heads.
- Only 1 loss in 5 matches.
- Only 1 loss at home.
- Unbeaten at home v 5th and lower.
- 2-2 v Galway at home this season.
Galway United (5th)
- 3 wins in 4 matches.
- Only 1 win home and away v top 6 sides.
- 1-2-2-2-3 goals conceded away v top 6.
- On form Galway could concede 2 goals away to another top 6 side.
- In head to heads, Galway do not tend to fair well. Lay them in they score first based upon these 2 points?
BELGIAN JULIPER LEAGUE
19:30 - Waasland-Beveren v Standard - 1.89 Standard
- 3-1 Standard and 3-1 Waasland in the last 2 head to heads.
- 2-2 for Beveren in their opener. 3-2 win for Standard in their opener.
- Last season, Beveren started winning at home v 6th and lower - Standard were 6th.
- Only 2 wins away for Standard last season v top 12.
- In-play stats here today. But Standard may be vulnerable based on last year's away form.